Sunday, September 29, 2013

hear me roarrrrr...

[WARNING: The following blog post contains loads of cheeziness.  Fear not, simply proceed with caution, and perhaps a tissue in hand ;)]


So although Pat has been an absolute 'tiger' thus far in her journey with this jerk called cancer, I'm offering up a new theme song for her...

Yes, it's a Katy Perry song (sigh, I know it because my kids love it...so what?!). Anyway, as I was rocking out to Roar in my mini-van the other day, I couldn't help but picture my mom.  As tears of pride rolled down my cheeks, I realized just how 'tiger-like' my mom has been forced to be right now.

Kinda don't care how cheesy it sounds, but if you check out the lyrics below I think you'll find that some of the words represent what my mom has already been doing, and what we all know she'll be doing in the coming months:

You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)

Already brushing off the dust

You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Get ready ’cause I’ve had enough
I see it all, I see it now

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire

‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar

Louder, louder than a lion
You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar

And although there are moments when she is too tired to roar or too sore to dance through the fire, that fighting spirit is just IN her. 

Recently we learned that the cancer, although mostly beaten down, had stopped responding to the chemo 'cocktail' that my mom had been receiving for the last 6 or so months.  And so, starting on Monday, she will be trying out a different chemo drug that we are hopeful will do the job.  

As she adjusts to the new treatment in the next three weeks, she has vowed to try her hardest to keep fighting but as always, she wouldn't turn down any words of encouragement, positive thoughts and/or prayers.  Every little bit helps.

Hold your ears people...prepare for some loud ROARS!



(Just in case you're living under a rock and want to check out the song...here's the official video)





1 comment:

  1. So glad you shared this link on Pat. I really enjoyed seeing the family photo's. Pat, I pray for you often. I have such fond memories of my trip with Ginny to you and Peter's home in the early 1970's. Love and peace. Nancy Gower.

    ReplyDelete